Shoot the Book-Cannes is an annual event organized by SCELF (Civil Society of French Language Publishing), which takes place in Cannes during the Cannes Film Festival. In 2018 Georgia will be the guest of honour of this event.
On May 15th, publishers selected by the special jury will present their books to producers and filmmakers.
• A work of fiction (novel, comic book, graphic novel, testimonial narrative, stories, or
• even theatrical works);
• A work with a potential for adaptation on an international level;
• The work does not necessarily need to be recent;
• The work must have been translated at least once (English, German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, Chinese) and the translation must be available at the latest on the day of the pitch session, May 15, 2018;
• The adaptation rights must be available on May 15, 2018;
• One single work per publishing structure. The application
must be submitted in English. It must be sent in Word format to Nathalie Piaskowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) by FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2017 at the very latest. Copy Christine Karavias (email@example.com) in your email. Your application will be integrated into a catalogue, which will be sent to the members of the judging panel.
▪ This year, in order to spare you twice the work (for the judging panel’s dossier and for the catalogue published by the BIEF), the BIEF and the SCELF have established a common application that we request you follow to the letter (presentation format, number of characters including spaces, font and font size). However, you will also need to fill out the attached application form for the BIEF
Use Verdana, font size 12 for the text.
For the applications and detailed information and guidelines please see the attached file