Born in 1978 is a Georgian poet and translator. In 2003 he received his Master's degree from Tbilisi State University, majoring in German Language & Literature. Nika Jorjaneli worked as a teacher of German language & literature for several years at high school in Tbilisi. He delivered classes in Georgian language at the Moscow State University of Linguistics in 2008. He has authored four compilations of poems. His various verses are included in anthologies of modern Georgian poetry and translated into English, German, French, Russian, Italian and Dutch. He participated in the International Biennale of Poets BIPVAL (Paris, France 2008). He regularly takes part in the annual International Poetry Festival "Kievskye Lavry" (Kiev, Ukraine). He won the "Commonwealth of Debuts" International Poetry Prize in Moscow in 2008. In the current year he was nominated for highly anticipated literary award SABA for the poetry collection Mexican Standoff.
- Mexican Standoff, Publishing House Saunje, 2014
- Songs For Broken Strings, Publishing House Saunje, 2010
- Breathing in Suffocation, Publishing House Diogene, 2008
- Sensation of Velvet, Publishing House Diogene, 2003
LITERARY PRIZES AND AWARDS
- International Literary Award "Содружество дебютов" - Commonwealth of Debuts 2008
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.