Born in 1977, Lela Samsniashvili graduated from Ilia Chavchavadze University of Foreign Languages and in 2001 took the Simultaneous Translation courses. In 2007 she completed her Master’s Degree in Oslo University. Her poetry collections have been nominated for and awarded with numerous literary prizes. Lela Samniashvili’s poems are translated into the English, Dutch, Italian, Azerbaijan and Russian languages and have been published in several anthologies among them: UK (Arc Publications, 2016; Boutle Publishing, 2016); Germany (Pop Verlag, 2015). She has translated: Sylvia Plath’s Poems (World Poetry Series, Merani, 1999); Virginia Woolf, A Room of One’s Own (Taso foundation, 2007); Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar (Taso Foundation, 2009; Diogene, 2014.
- An Abstract Prayer, Intelekti Publishers, 2014
- Fractals, Siesta Publishing, 2010
- A Permanent Tatoo, Siesta Publishing, 2006
- The Snake Year, Caucasian House, 2004
- Photo-Pills, Merani, 2000
LITERARY PRIZES AND AWARDS
• Literary prize LITERA 2018 in the category The Best Debut of the Year for Coming in Wheelchair
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.