Born 1962 in Tbilisi. David Chikhladze is a poet and theatre artist. His poems and critical articles have been published since 1981 in periodicals. He has also translated numerous works by American poets and theoreticians. Since the mid-1980s he has taken part in various exhibitions, installations and theatrical projects in Georgia and abroad. Since 1989 he has published in foreign journals. In 1989 he founded Tbilisi’s first independent gallery Alternative Art Gallery, about which a wide-ranging survey was published that year in America (Kim Levin, Connoisseur, 1989). Since 1994 he has been directing Tbilisi’s Margo Korableva’s Performance Theatre. From 2002 to 2004 he collaborated with the New York theatre Repetti Chocolate Factory. In 2002 he took part in the American Living Room festival in New York. His productions as a videographer were: Audit, Drowning Man and Fundamental, and they evoked a good response from New York’s theatrical press. In 2006, in City University of New York, he staged, in English and in Russian, a method for an electronic dictionary of writing processual poems: this method he then used to create two new poems: Mausoleum and Orgasm.
- Sanzona Girls, Eratio Editions, USA, 2015
- Feminine/Feminine, Siesta Publishing House, Georgia, 2007
- Three Green Tea, dbqp, Schenectady, USA, 2004
- Second Wave, in: Anthology An American Avant Garde, USA, 2002
- An Extract from Feminine/Feminine, in: Georgian short stories from 20th century, Suhrkamp taschenbuch, Germany 2000
- Poems from Tbilisi, Cloud Mountain Press, USA, 1991
- Anthology of Single-point Poetry, Gumanitarni Fond, Russia, 1991
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.